P. Allen Smith is an author, television host, entrepreneur, and conservationist, who has a passion for American style. On Wednesday, March 22, Smith will present ‘Naturally: The Love of Gardening’ from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens as part of the Museum’s ongoing Distinguished Lecture series.
Firmly nestled in one of Jacksonville’s esteemed boroughs, Springfield, all things are stirring around the house. Springfield is the home of Porchfest, a new mural, and soon two new breweries; it’s redeveloping. The neighborhood feels different, and Anthony Aiuppy, Thony to those who know him best, loves this area.
With thousands of works on view at the official Salon exhibition in Paris, how could an artist stand out and gain renown?
Our beautiful painting by Marie-Victoire Lemoine, Youth with an Embroidered Vest, has embarked on a national journey! It is currently part of a fascinating exhibition presented at the Cornell Fine Arts Museum, in Winter Park, Florida. The Black Figure in the European Imaginary (January 20 through May 15, 2017), explores “the manner in which the visual arts of Europe imagined black people during the long nineteenth century (c. 1750 — 1914)”.
On February 1, the Cummer Museum, in collaboration with MOSH, will present the film Rosenwald, about Jewish-American philanthropist Julius Rosenwald. This film sheds light on the silent partner of the pre-Civil Rights movement and his ties to Jacksonville and artist Augusta Savage. There will be a discussion following the film.
War stories have always been told through song, dance, writing, and especially art. When stepping through Heroes & Battlefields: World War I Prints by James McBey, one is sure to feel the empathy McBey felt for his fellow soldiers during his time drawing sketches in the trenches of World War I.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 1 year ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 1 year ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 1 year ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 1 year ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 1 year ago
Powered by Twitter Tools