For more than 30 years, Ric Goodman and John Hurtubise have supported the Museum as attendees of events, such as exhibition openings, the Cummer Ball, and Garden Concerts. However, it was not until about six years ago, when Ric’s granddaughter attended Camp Cummer, that they decided to become more deeply engaged.
In September 2017, Hurricane Irma devastated areas of the Florida coast. In particular, the Cummer Museum suffered extensive damage to their historic gardens. During the storm surge, the river is estimated to have risen four feet, causing flooding that lasted up to 24 hours. The salinity of the water devastated all the living matter and the gardens were closed indefinitely.
Featured in many iconic cities, Green Walls are taking urban art to the next level—and one of them has arrived at the Cummer Museum!
Since 2014 Sally Barnett and Mary Watson have spent hundreds of tireless hours dedicated to the success of bringing The Garden Conservancy’s Open Days to Jacksonville each year.
The Cummer Museum is blessed to have so many passionate advocates in our community, including donors, volunteers, and members. This quarter, we are highlighting the great work of longtime supporters who fit into all three categories: Kenyon Merritt and the team at Richard Skinner & Associates. As volunteer fundraisers, both found inspired ways to combine their passion for the Museum with their outside interests in a way that amplified their institutional impact.
Anna Hyatt Huntington (1876-1973) was an American sculptress born in Cambridge, Massachusetts. From an early age, Huntington was encouraged by her father to develop and hone her artistic talents.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 3 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 3 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 3 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 3 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 3 years ago
Powered by Twitter Tools