A little gem of a school, Ortega Elementary, is located in the heart of Ortega. It’s just a short jaunt from The Cummer. This neighborhood school was established in 1923 but only recently because a museum magnet school. Those of us who love museums only wish that we could have gone to a school such as this. Students display their academic learning by creating exhibitions throughout the year. Ortega Elementary school partners with area museums, including The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens. The Museum’s education department conducts professional development workshops for school faculty and develops curricula for student tours.
Cultural Connections: Ortega Elementary-Museum Magnet School
by Cummer Museum Admin, Director of Art Education in Community, Education
Tags: education, exhibitions, magnet school, museum magnet school, Ortega, Ortega Elementary
This post was written by Cummer Museum Admin who has written 406 posts on The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens.
Director of Art Education
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Keep up with us on Facebook and Twitter to see what we're doing on other parts of the web!
Leave Us A Review
Did you have a great experience at The Cummer Museum & Gardens or the Tree Cup Cafe? Write a review or leave a fun tip on Yelp, TripAdvisor or FourSquare.
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 7 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 7 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 7 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 7 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 7 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter