How well do you know The Cummer? If you think you can identify these items—currently on display throughout the Museum as 50 Favorites. Write your guesses in the comment section below and we will give the answers in two weeks, along with the next challenge. One winner will receive a complimentary one-day pass to the Museum. Good luck!
1. Norman Rockwell (American, 1894 – 1978), Second Holiday, 1939, oil on canvas, 33 ¾ x 47 ¼ in., Purchased with funds from the Morton R. Hirschberg Memorial Fund, AP.2005.6.1.
2. Peter Paul Rubens (Flemish, 1577 – 1640), The Lamentation of Christ, c.1605, oil on copper, 11 x 9 ½ in., Bequest of Ninah M. H. Cummer, C.0.131.1.
3. Severin Roesen (American, c. 1816 – c. 1872), Still Life with Flowers, Fruit and Bird’s Nest, c. 1865, oil on canvas, 36 x 28 ½ in., Gift of Diane DeMell Jacobsen, Ph. D. in loving memory of her husband Thomas H. Jacobsen, AG.2003.2.1.
4. John Singer Sargent (American, 1856 – 1925), In the Alps, 1911, oil on canvas, 20 x 28 1/16 in., Museum purchase with Council funds, AP.1990.20.1.
Hi Amber, How are you? Today’s game should be called “literal titles”
1. Very.. abstract
2. Walk like Iku
3. I see some very still fruit
4. Potatoes, potatas, Vanitas, vanantas, lets call the whole thing off.
Apparently you are the only one who likes this particular feature of the blog 🙂 At this point, I may as well give you an annual pass. If you give me a call at the main number, I can get that taken care of for you. Or you can email me your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send it on to Membership. Thanks for playing! Sorry you didn’t get much competition.
Hi! This is a great feature of the blog, I’ve just discovered it today. What is the next challenge? Albeit 5 yrs later…id still like to win a pass 🙂 I have a young son and myself.