Our featured exhibition is Jim Draper: Feast of Flowers.
Please join us for 2013 Garden Month at The Cummer:
- “Discovering the Layers” Gallery Discussions with Jim Draper
March 24 at 1 p.m.
- Community Day & Plant Sale, along with a Rainbarrel sale in partnership with St. Johns Riverkeeper on Saturday, March 2, 2013 (Free admission all day)
- Off-site Excursions into Wild Florida with Jim Draper:
Saturday, March 9, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Willie Brown Trail
Saturday, March 23, 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Julington Durbin Creek Preserve
- Docent led Garden Tours – every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for the month of March 2013 at 11 a.m. (Free with Museum admission. Docents will meet you in our Lobby at 11 a.m. to begin the tours)
- Garden Store at The Cummer featuring art, plant, gift and book sales
- Demonstrating artists, in partnership with The Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens, will be painting our gardens. The Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens is hosting a plein air painting event, A Brush with Nature, from March 21 through March 23, 2013. Please visit our friends and enjoy the natural beauty of their woodland and trails!
- Free Community Day, Saturday March 2, 12 to 3 p.m. – free all day
- Garden Concert featuring Noel Freidline on Friday, March 8, 2013
- Classes for children
- Classes for adults (and children ages 13 and up)
- Lecture by Jim Draper and Director Hope McMcath on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 (Free to the Public)
- Lecture by British author Andrea Wulf on Wednesday, March 13, 2013
- Lecture by Chief Curator Holly Keris on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 (Free to the Public)
- Talks and Tea at The Cummer:
The Cummer Gardens Part 1: Wednesday, March 20 & Thursday, March 21 at 1:30 p.m.
The Cummer Gardens Part 2: Wednesday, April 17 & Thursday, April 18 at 1:30 p.m.
- Lectures by St. Johns Riverkeeper on Tuesday, March 5, 2013 and Tuesday, March 26, 2013 (Both are free to the Public)
- Fashion Show featuring Krista Eberle and Timo Weiland on Friday, March 22, 2013
- Farm to Table Moonlight Dinner in our garden on Wednesday, March 27, 2013
For more information and to make your reservation via credit card, please call 904.899.6038