You are invited to a special family day, to celebrate the opening of LIFT: Contemporary Expressions of the African American Experience, at not one but two Museums! This Saturday, June 18th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., enjoy free admission at both the Ritz Theatre & Museum and the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, music and art making activities, plus don’t miss a special performance by Ritz Sound & Vocal Performers at 11 a.m.
Events throughout the day include:
- An art making activity in the Loggia with Museum Educators.
- Plein air painting demos from Thony Aiuppy and Roosevelt Watson III
- Community Installation – The Wishing Tree on the front lawn of the Museum
- Museum Docents in the galleries from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Participating artists on hand to talk about their work
- A drum circle at tje front entrance of Museum
- Mal Jones of The Lyricist Live presents – Get on down in the garden! The literary rhyme experience with Hip Hop, Jazz, and blended beats with live Freestyle Rhyme improvisation! In the Upper Tier Garden.
- Mark Shine performs on the Café patio from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m
- Donte Bowtie Palmer – spoken word every half hour from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This event is free and no registration is required.