Earlier this year, Museum Director Hope McMath came across information on the Outings Project. This work, developed by French artist and filmmaker Julien de Casabianca, focuses on bringing fine art to the streets. Within a few weeks McMath conspired with artists Dolf James and Corey Kolb and photographer Doug Eng to develop a plan to get a handful of the Cummer Museum’s Permanent Collection pieces printed and installed on forgotten and rundown walls in the Urban Core. The thoughtfully placed works have not only created an accessibility for all to experience these pieces in our city but also inspired others to install works as well!
Now, after such an incredible response from the community, the Museum has partnered with the Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville to bring Julien here in late November for the third lecture in the VyStar International Artist Lecture Series. On Friday, November 20th, do not miss this unique opportunity to hear this International Artist speak about how his concept to bring fine art to the streets has evolved into a worldwide effort that spans five continents. Plus, while in Jacksonville, Julien will also be meeting with area artists to talk about his work and lead throughout the city to install more Outings.
Don’t miss this lecture on Friday, November 20th!
VIP TICKET | $30
(A limited number of VIP tickets will be available.)
· Pre-reception (6 to 7 p.m. in the Cummer Cafe Patio) and meet and greet where Mr. Casabianca will install an Outing on Museum Property
· 2 beverage tickets for beer or wine
· Complimentary Family Pass to the Museum
· Reserved Seating at the Lecture in the Terry Gallery (7 to 8 p.m.)
* All proceeds from the sale of tickets will go directly to support the JaxOutings initiative.