On Saturday September 28, 2013, The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens will open its doors free of charge along with 1,400 other participating venues for the ninth annual Museum Day Live! This immensely successful program, in which the Cummer will emulate the free admission policy of the Smithsonian Institution’s Washington, D. C.-based facilities, encourages learning and the spread of knowledge nationwide.
Inclusive by design, Museum Day Live! fulfills Smithsonian Media’s mission to make cultural education accessible to everyone. For one day only, the Cummer will grant free access to visitors who download a Museum Day Live! ticket. Last year’s event drew over 350,000 museum-goers, and this year’s Museum Day Live is expected to attract even more.
Know before you go:
- One ticket for two people only.
- One ticket per valid email address.
- One ticket will gain entry in only one affiliate museum.
- Only an official Museum Day Live ticket is eligible for free entry.
- If the museum reaches capacity, it has the right to limit guests until space becomes available.