October marks Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month in museums and cultural institutions around the world. In contribution to the effort to raise awareness of disability, accessibility, and inclusion, the Cummer Museum displays its annual exhibition of artwork from the Women of Vision program during this month. Installed in the Museum’s Art Connections area, the show is open to the public and features works in of printmaking, ceramics, painting, and sculpture.
The Museum’s Art Beyond Sight programs provide specially designed art education and art-making experiences for individuals who are visually impaired: including touch tours of the Museum, classroom outreach to the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind, and Women of Vision, a group which has made the Museum their meeting place for the past 18 years. This program represents…
The Education Department at The Cummer recently participated in a professional development workshop to broaden their understanding of accessibility and arts education in children with disabilities.
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens will celebrate Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month this October with the opening of The Women of Vision exhibition in Art Connections. Art Beyond Sight (ABS) was created in 1987 on the premise that everyone must have access to the world’s visual culture if they are to participate fully in their communities and in the world at large.
We need your support! The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is on a mission to raise $10,000 by September 1, 2012, to engage and inspire larger audiences through the arts, gardens and education. Your support will enable…
For the past fourteen years, a group of women has made the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens their monthly venue as a reprieve through the communicative power and beauty of the visual and literary arts.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 6 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 6 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 6 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 6 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 6 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter