October marks Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month in museums and cultural institutions around the world. In contribution to the effort to raise awareness of disability, accessibility, and inclusion, the Cummer Museum displays its annual exhibition of artwork from the Women of Vision program during this month. Installed in the Museum’s Art Connections area, the show is open to the public and features works in of printmaking, ceramics, painting, and sculpture.
Join us at the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens for Camp Cummer, our summer art camp.
Almost every Wednesday from 1 to 4 p.m., August through May, you can find Allison Watson’s painting class working hard on their paintings and thoroughly enjoying themselves.
On any given weekday at the Museum you will see lines of students filing through the corridors, groups of students completing activities in the Galleries, and clusters of students wandering the Gardens with clipboards examining plants and architectural features.
The Museum’s Art Beyond Sight programs provide specially designed art education and art-making experiences for individuals who are visually impaired: including touch tours of the Museum, classroom outreach to the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind, and Women of Vision, a group which has made the Museum their meeting place for the past 18 years. This program represents…
The creation of the J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver Community Sculpture Garden & Plaza, located on the front lawn of the Art Connections building, will mark the completion of…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 6 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 6 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 6 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 6 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 6 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter