In partnership with Avant Arts, join us for a concert with HEAR in NOW is a world-class collective is a string trio that composes and improvises fluidly among free jazz and contemporary classical, folk music, and avant-garde. Be prepared to be engaged by…
Clutch your pearls and fill your glasses! The Cummer Museum is throwing a dinner party! This avant-garde series of dinners will inspire your palate and spark your creative energies, all to support bringing an exciting and diverse calendar of exhibitions and related programming to the Jacksonville community. The Cummers were known to…
WRITTEN BY HEATHER STEWART, MARKETING INTERN Fabio Costa is one of the up-and-coming designers featured in Folk Couture: Fashion and Folk Art. Some may recognize his name from season 10 of Project Runway. Known for his work with fabric and draping, Costa has developed a reputation as a “conceptual designer.” Originally from Belo Horizonte, Brazil […]
The current exhibit Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection, on display in the Mason Gallery until January 5, 2014, contains works made by various artists in the early to mid 20th century. The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens’ permanent collection also contains works by three of these artists: William Zorach, John Steuart Curry, and George Wesley Bellows.
To get you to see his message and his commitment to the idea of freedom of expression, he exhibits an deep sense of irreverence, seeming to shout that nothing is sacred, not even art.
Miradas is a fitting title for a show about artists looking at themselves and their heritage and reflecting on where they have been and where they are headed.
From June 5 through September 16, visitors to the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens will…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 5 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 5 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 5 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 5 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 5 years ago
Powered by Twitter Tools