The current exhibit Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection, on display in the Mason Gallery until January 5, 2014, contains works made by various artists in the early to mid 20th century. The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens’ permanent collection also contains works by three of these artists: William Zorach, John Steuart Curry, and George Wesley Bellows.
Miradas is a fitting title for a show about artists looking at themselves and their heritage and reflecting on where they have been and where they are headed.
From June 5 through September 16, visitors to the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens will…
The next Adventures in Art series at the Ponte Vedra Library takes place at 6:30pm Tuesday, January 17th. Local artist Jan Bialka will present “The Influence of Japanese woodcuts on the Impressionists” in conjunction with The Cummer Museum’s exhibition of Japanese woodcuts and the forthcoming exhibit of Impressionist art.
Applying the last bit of ardent rouge to her lips before going on stage, a dancer sits on a stool in her dressing room, looking at herself in the mirror. This intimate scene was captured by the American Impressionist artist Frederick Carl Frieseke with a very tender, almost monochromatic palette of pink, pale blue, marble […]
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 5 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 5 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 5 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 5 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 5 years ago
Powered by Twitter Tools