Jeremiah Brzoska and his team create beautiful weathered works of art, making him and his company, Artistic Finishes of North Florida, a well-known name among home builders. With an artist’s eye and mastery over the ancient technique of Venetian plaster finishing, Brzoska and his company turned the Cummer Museum’s Reinhold Courtyard into a unique piece of art. Artistic Finishes of North Florida and Brzoska graciously donated a great deal of the cost of the project.
In the cities of Cairo, Aleppo, and Damascus, architecture and art flourished under the patronage of Mamluk rulers (1250 – 1517) made rich by trade. Elaborate lamps, pulpits, and stands holding Qur’an manuscripts were present in mosques and tombs. Many ornate objects made from brass heavily inlaid with silver and copper, were used at court.
The exhibition catalogue for Ink, Silk, and Gold: Islamic Treasures from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston is now available in the Cummer Shop.
James McBey’s early years were filled with strife. Born on December 23, 1883, in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, he was the illegitimate child of an absente father and an uncaring mother.
Did you read the blog Curiosity (posted November 16, 2016)? Here is the story of the inspirational folk piece for Gary Graham’s coat we spoke of, the Ann Carll Coverlet, Blazing Star and Snowballs.
This stela depicts a nobleman named Iku and his wife, Mer-imat. One of the principal purposes of the stela is explained in the vertical inscription located in front of the […]
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 8 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 8 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 8 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 8 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 8 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter