The Women of Vision program celebrates the communicative power and beauty of the visual and literary arts through emotional responses by women who each have low vision or blindness. On a personal level…
October marks Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month in museums and cultural institutions around the world. In contribution to the effort to raise awareness of disability, accessibility, and inclusion, the Cummer Museum displays its annual exhibition of artwork from the Women of Vision program during this month. Installed in the Museum’s Art Connections area, the show is open to the public and features works in of printmaking, ceramics, painting, and sculpture.
Written by: Katie Dietzel, Public Relations Intern Overstreet Ducasse is a contributing artist for LIFT: Contemporary Expressions of the African American Experience which presents a modern response to Jacksonville’s African American […]
Written by: Julie Thieman, Marketing Intern Marsha Hatcher is a contributing artist for LIFT: Contemporary Expressions of the African American Experience which presents a modern response to Jacksonville’s African American […]
The Cummer Museum appreciates your support in fulfilling its mission of engaging and inspiring through the arts, gardens, and education.
On any given weekday at the Museum you will see lines of students filing through the corridors, groups of students completing activities in the Galleries, and clusters of students wandering the Gardens with clipboards examining plants and architectural features.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 8 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 8 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 8 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 8 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 8 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter