Jasper F. Cropsey–born in Rossville, New York, was a 19th century American Hudson River landscape painter. He was a member of the second generation of the Hudson River School that…
Henri- Joseph Harpignies was a French painter and printmaker, who made a late in life debut in the Salon in 1853. Harpignies showed…
Born on May 22, 1844, Mary Cassatt was the daughter of a wealthy family from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Although her family objected to her becoming a professional artist, Cassatt received artistic training at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.
The focus of this Plein Aire Workshop in the Idyllic setting in the Cummer Gardens will be to create paintings that will focus on capturing the essence of the experience using impressionisms approach to light and color.
A dancer, sitting legs crossed upon a stool, holds a mirror up to her face. Lifting her hand to her lips, she applies lipstick just before going on stage. She is clothed in a soft pink garment that slips down to reveal her pale shoulder. The woman is surrounded by pink, blue and white floral drapery…
The next Adventures in Art series at the Ponte Vedra Library takes place at 6:30pm Tuesday, January 17th. Local artist Jan Bialka will present “The Influence of Japanese woodcuts on the Impressionists” in conjunction with The Cummer Museum’s exhibition of Japanese woodcuts and the forthcoming exhibit of Impressionist art.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 5 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 5 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 5 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 5 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 5 years ago
Powered by Twitter Tools