We hope you will join us for a unique class led by local artist, Sharla Valeski. Sharla is a professional artist with a BFA in Studio Art from Jacksonville University, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1994.
American sculptor Chaim Gross (1904 – 91) is renowned for his figurative direct carvings in wood from the first half of the 20th century. In the mid-1950s, however, he began to make large-scale bronzes that enabled him to shift from the solid massing of his carvings to a more open, linear style. From 1957 through the 1980s, Gross created more than 300 bronze works that range in scale from miniatures to life-size portraits to large-scale public works. Today approximately 100 of these bronzes are…
Cultural Connections: Feast of Flowers
by Amber Sesnick, Marketing Manager in Community
Local artist and arts advocate Jim Draper, has recently undertaken a new project via Kickstarter, which will be showcased at The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens in the Spring of 2013. The final project will be a…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Keep up with us on Facebook and Twitter to see what we're doing on other parts of the web!
Leave Us A Review
Did you have a great experience at The Cummer Museum & Gardens or the Tree Cup Cafe? Write a review or leave a fun tip on Yelp, TripAdvisor or FourSquare.
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 7 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 7 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 7 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 7 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 7 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter