You might be familiar with a recent story on the cover of Folio Weekly about stolen art and how it relates to the Cummer Museum. In recent years the Museum has learned of the unexpected provenance of a Meissen porcelain piece, as well as the Vanitas painting that hangs in the Semmes Gallery at the […]
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is proud to announce the resolution of a Nazi-era provenance/restitution case regarding two items in the Wark Collection of Early Meissen Porcelain. In 2010, information was discovered that brought the provenance of the pieces, a teapot and a coffeepot, into question.
The St. Lawrence String Quartet (SLSQ) is one of the world-class chamber ensembles of its generation. Since winning both the Banff International String Quartet Competition and Young Concert Artists International Auditions in…
Have you seen our exhibition On the Silk Road and the High Seas: Chinese Ceramics, Culture, and Commerce? If you haven’t, time is running out – August 14th, 2011 is the last day this exhibition will be open to the public.
If you are a child, a child at heart, or a family with young children, you will love The Royal Dish Family Guide that you can pick up in the Lovett Gallery.
How well do you know The Cummer? If you think you can identify these items—currently on display throughout the Museum as 50 Favorites. Write your guesses in the comment section below and we will give the answers in two weeks, along with the next challenge. One winner will receive a complimentary one-day pass to the Museum. Good luck!
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 6 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 6 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 6 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 6 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 6 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter