Until recently, it has been believed that the production of Islamic art ceased around the year 1800; it has become apparent that it has continued to evolve into the 19th century and the modern age, with contemporary artists making connections to Islamic artistic traditions.
The on-going Conversations & Cocktails series is an intimate experience that offers fresh perspectives on the artwork exhibited at the Museum, through the eyes of a collector, an artist, an art educator, or a curator.
Join us for the first…
Written by Caitlyn Cooney, Curatorial Intern Part of the thrill of collecting is the process of finding a piece: negotiating prices, working with dealers, going to auctions, and hunting for the treasure. A collector falls in love with a piece, an artist, a movement, and embarks on the adventure to find such works. Cullen […]
Written by Caitlyn Cooney, Curatorial Intern A collector’s passion for art is an integral part of their personality. It affects the way they view the world around them, the way they experience life, their relationships with people, and the decisions they make every day. For Maria Cox, art has been a part of her life […]
This series will highlight 10 quick and easy facts about different cultures, artistic movements, and stylistic periods. Stay tuned for the next list in the series!
To see more paintings from Modern Dialect, come visit the Museum before January 5th, 2014.
The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens would like to present Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman collection. This exhibit brings together…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 5 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 5 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 5 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 5 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 5 years ago
Powered by Twitter Tools