October marks Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month in museums and cultural institutions around the world. In contribution to the effort to raise awareness of disability, accessibility, and inclusion, the Cummer Museum displays its annual exhibition of artwork from the Women of Vision program during this month. Installed in the Museum’s Art Connections area, the show is open to the public and features works in of printmaking, ceramics, painting, and sculpture.
In Greek and Roman mythology, Venus, known as “Aphrodite” in Greek, is the goddess of love, beauty, sex, fertility, and prosperity. Across history, poetry, and songs have been created and wars have been started in honor of her influence over…
This artful program held at The Cummer, is observed as a national model, serves as a vehicle for personal reflections, demonstrates the communicative power of visual and literary arts, and develops accessibility awareness for all.
As part of a community partnership, the Museum will be hosting students from the Douglas Anderson School of the Arts for their Senior’s Creative Writing: Reading Night, 4 times this year. As a port of the partnership, we would like to share some of the student’s work with the community.
Travel through Jacksonville’s LaVilla neighborhood on a stimulating bus tour and learn about the rich history of this cultural area. From the Ritz Museum and Theatre to the old Globe Theatre, now the Clara White Mission, hear stories of the famous musicians, artists, and writers who contributed to…
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens will celebrate Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month this October with the opening of The Women of Vision exhibition in Art Connections. Art Beyond Sight (ABS) was created in 1987 on the premise that everyone must have access to the world’s visual culture if they are to participate fully in their communities and in the world at large.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 7 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 7 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 7 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 7 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 7 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter