Norman Rockwell was most well known for his paintings of American life in the mid-20th century.
Norman Rockwell was born in New York in 1894. After graduating from art school in his home state, he immediately found work as an illustrator, creating works for magazine covers, business advertisements and calendars. Working with big-name companies led to a long, successful career and also provided Rockwell with a strong sense of social awareness.
How well do you know The Cummer? If you think you can identify these items—currently on display throughout the Museum as 50 Favorites. Write your guesses in the comment section below and we will give the answers in two weeks, along with the next challenge. One winner will receive a complimentary one-day pass to the Museum. Good luck!
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 7 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 7 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 7 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 7 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 7 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter