Firmly nestled in one of Jacksonville’s esteemed boroughs, Springfield, all things are stirring around the house. Springfield is the home of Porchfest, a new mural, and soon two new breweries; it’s redeveloping. The neighborhood feels different, and Anthony Aiuppy, Thony to those who know him best, loves this area.
On February 1, the Cummer Museum, in collaboration with MOSH, will present the film Rosenwald, about Jewish-American philanthropist Julius Rosenwald. This film sheds light on the silent partner of the pre-Civil Rights movement and his ties to Jacksonville and artist Augusta Savage. There will be a discussion following the film.
Go across the pond and you will find the name Harewood in a grand abundance. Here in Jacksonville, there is only one that is on everyone’s lips at this moment, Professor Dustin Harewood.
Written by: Julie Thieman, Marketing Intern Thony Aiuppy is a contributing Artist for LIFT: Contemporary Expression of The African American Experience which presents a modern response to Jacksonville’s African American Heritage, while using the lyrics to James Weldon Johnson and John Rosamond Johnson’s Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing as inspiration. Thony Aiuppy received a Bachelor of Arts in Painting and Drawing […]
West’s painting, Angels Appearing to the Shepherds, was intended to adorn one of the aisle windows in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle in England. In the painting, two…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 6 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 6 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 6 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 6 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 6 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter