Nearly a billion people live with a disability – that is just about 15% of the world’s population! This is a population that often faces many challenges and barriers in their everyday lives that others do not. The Cummer Museum believes that art is for all people and constantly looks for ways to remove barriers and ease challenges for persons with disabilities to engage with and to create art.
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is committed to living its mission, to engage and inspire through the arts, gardens, and education. This mission extends to all people, including those with disabilities who represent an integral part of the diverse range of visitors to the Museum.
Thank you to the Florida Blue Volunteers who offered their support on April 24 here at the Museum in order ensure the success of the 2017 Very Special Arts (VSA) Festival.
Firmly nestled in one of Jacksonville’s esteemed boroughs, Springfield, all things are stirring around the house. Springfield is the home of Porchfest, a new mural, and soon two new breweries; it’s redeveloping. The neighborhood feels different, and Anthony Aiuppy, Thony to those who know him best, loves this area.
It’s an exciting week at the Museum! The 20th Annual VSA (Very Special Arts) Festival kicked off this morning and the Campus is buzzing with happy staff and hardworking volunteers ready to lend a hand and inspire a child. By Friday, the Museum will have hosted over 2500 Special Needs children and their parents and […]
HEAL Foundation The HEAL Foundation, a local non-profit organization serving individuals and families living with Autism Spectrum Disorders, has been a generous sponsor of The Cummer’s annual VSA Festival since 2008 and began underwriting scholarships for children with autism to attend Camp Cummer in 2011. This past year, the VSA Festival reached over 700 children […]
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 7 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 7 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 7 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 7 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 7 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter