written by: Lisa Cronin, Visitor Services Associate
How many of you can recall the nursery rhyme Mary Mary Quite Contrary? Imagine how beautiful Mary’s garden would look today if she purchased her gardening supplies at the Cummer Shop. Enjoy pursuing the wide variety of gardening accessories on display.
- Beautifully packaged in contemporary art envelopes Hudson Valley Seed Library offers an extensive selection of heirloom flower, herb, and vegetable seeds.
- Go Green has stylish eco-friendly nature cards made from recycled materials perfect for sending a quick note.
- Wondering who will tend to your potted or house plants when you’re away? Plant Nanny to the rescue! Plant Nanny uses your recycled water, wine or soda bottle to help keep your plants looking green and lush. Need gardening gloves?
- Garden Works offers several varieties to serve your gardening needs. The Bamboo Fit collection is machine washable and breathable. These gloves have bamboo seamless liners and coated latex exterior. Maybe Deluxe Rose Pro’s gauntlet sleeve made from 100% cow grain leather are more your style. The Botanical Collection is a colorful, ultra-lightweight glove perfect for pruning delicate plants and flowers.
- Studio M, Stephanie Burgess’s collection of art pots, bird houses and all weather art poles brings bold, beautiful, whimsical art work into your home or garden.
Here’s hoping your garden is filled with silver bells and cockle shells and pretty flowers all in a row. Happy gardening!