Following the devastation caused by Hurricane Irma, the English Garden has been restored and re-opened to the public! Work on infrastructure repairs began on January 14, and except for a few minor tweaks here and there, all that is needed is time for Mother Nature to take over and let the plants grow.
The Museum has received an $800,000 gift to name and endow the position of Garden Curator, thanks to the generosity of the Lorena “Lory” Doolittle and her family. The gift allows the Museum to…
In partnership with Avant Arts, join us for a concert with HEAR in NOW is a world-class collective is a string trio that composes and improvises fluidly among free jazz and contemporary classical, folk music, and avant-garde. Be prepared to be engaged by…
In September 2017, Hurricane Irma devastated areas of the Florida coast. In particular, the Cummer Museum suffered extensive damage to their historic gardens. During the storm surge, the river is estimated to have risen four feet, causing flooding that lasted up to 24 hours. The salinity of the water devastated all the living matter and the gardens were closed indefinitely.
WRITTEN BY: EMILY WATERS, MARKETING INTERN Something magical has appeared in the gardens over the weekend—a pair of fairy rings! A fairy ring, perceived by many cultures to contain the […]
Since 2014 Sally Barnett and Mary Watson have spent hundreds of tireless hours dedicated to the success of bringing The Garden Conservancy’s Open Days to Jacksonville each year.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 8 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 8 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 8 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 8 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 8 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter