In September 2017, Hurricane Irma devastated areas of the Florida coast. In particular, the Cummer Museum suffered extensive damage to their historic gardens. During the storm surge, the river is estimated to have risen four feet, causing flooding that lasted up to 24 hours. The salinity of the water devastated all the living matter and the gardens were closed indefinitely.
Today’s recipe from “The Chef’s Canvas” is a gnocchi dish that was inspired by the Italian Garden!
Handmade Gnocchi with Sweet Pea Puree, Oyster Mushrooms, and Crispy Guanciale
2 large Idaho potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed for proper consistency …
Today’s recipe is an Espresso Chocolate Tart with St. Germaine-Macerated Berries, Bourbon Vanilla Bean Coconut Cream, Lavender Caramel, and Fleur de Sel. Let’s walk through this recipe step-by-step and recreate this magnifique dessert.
WRITTEN BY SARAH JACKSON, ADVANCEMENT INTERN “…and it means every thing in the world to me—because I love you more and more and I am looking forward to peaceful happy days in our lovely home and garden—With a heart full of devotion—Yours as always, Sweetheart” Arthur Cummer met Ninah May Holden at the University […]
The holiday season is upon us and the Cummer Shop would like to invite guests to its annual Champagne & Shopping event. Listen to holiday music and sip complimentary champagne as you find unique gifts for everyone on your list. Check out our vendors below!
Written by: Lisa Cronin, Visitor Services Assistant Manager Europe2You is one of the newest vendors featured in the Cummer Shop. The company was founded by husband and wife, Joseph and Stacy Borocz, and propelled by their passion for Europe’s rich history and timeless designs. Europe2You captures the spirit of the quintessential European lifestyle by transforming […]
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 5 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 5 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 5 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 5 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 5 years ago
Powered by Twitter Tools