In partnership with Avant Arts, join us for a concert with HEAR in NOW is a world-class collective is a string trio that composes and improvises fluidly among free jazz and contemporary classical, folk music, and avant-garde. Be prepared to be engaged by…
In September 2017, Hurricane Irma devastated areas of the Florida coast. In particular, the Cummer Museum suffered extensive damage to their historic gardens. During the storm surge, the river is estimated to have risen four feet, causing flooding that lasted up to 24 hours. The salinity of the water devastated all the living matter and the gardens were closed indefinitely.
Since 2014 Sally Barnett and Mary Watson have spent hundreds of tireless hours dedicated to the success of bringing The Garden Conservancy’s Open Days to Jacksonville each year.
WRITTEN BY: EMILY WATERS, MARKETING INTERN David Bowie once said “Every time I’ve made a radical change it’s helped me feel buoyant as an artist,” and we are sure Brett Bass and Melted Plectrum would agree with Bowie on this. The band, formerly known as Grandpa’s Cough Medicine, has changed their name and is moving […]
Judith B. Tankard is an award winning landscape historian, author, and preservation consultant, with ten illustrated books on landscape under her belt. We are excited to announce that she has authored “Ellen Shipman and the American Garden”, and will be signing copies of the new book at the Museum on Friday, April 13 from 10 to 11 a.m.
Philadelphia native Ellen Biddle Shipman discovered her remarkable talent for…
The Junior Docents of the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens are students in the sixth through twelfth grades. Each school year they contribute hours to the Museum and the community. They participate in varied learning experiences and create an exhibition consisting of their original work.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 6 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 6 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 6 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 6 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 6 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter