P. Allen Smith is an author, television host, entrepreneur, and conservationist, who has a passion for American style. On Wednesday, March 22, Smith will present ‘Naturally: The Love of Gardening’ from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens as part of the Museum’s ongoing Distinguished Lecture series.
Elizabeth Gulland was a talented painter and a gifted engraver known mainly for her mezzotint portraits.
Academic Splendor: Nineteenth-Century Masterworks from the Dahesh Museum of Art will open January 27 at the Cummer Museum. The Dahesh Museum of Art is the only institution in the United States that is devoted to collecting, exhibiting, and interpreting works by European and American academically trained artists of the 19th and early 20th centuries.
Overstreet Ducasse is going places. Literally. Before settling in to conduct this interview, his upcoming trip to Bristol, England is consuming most of his attention. He fields phone calls from collectors and other concerned parties. His feet glide with the confidence of artistic ownership across the canvas in his extended studio… unable to contain his genius to his 12 x 12, which is completely covered in pieces of antiquities, frames, and scraps that only Ducasse can identify. It’s in this mixed media artist’s…
West’s painting, Angels Appearing to the Shepherds, was intended to adorn one of the aisle windows in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle in England. In the painting, two…
This magnificent tree originated from the Indian subcontinent, reaching China, South East Asia, and Oceania. The Crepe Myrtle, also known by its Latin and scientific name Lagerstroemia, arrived in England in 1759, but due to…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 5 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 5 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 5 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 5 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 5 years ago
Powered by Twitter Tools