Firmly nestled in one of Jacksonville’s esteemed boroughs, Springfield, all things are stirring around the house. Springfield is the home of Porchfest, a new mural, and soon two new breweries; it’s redeveloping. The neighborhood feels different, and Anthony Aiuppy, Thony to those who know him best, loves this area.
Go across the pond and you will find the name Harewood in a grand abundance. Here in Jacksonville, there is only one that is on everyone’s lips at this moment, Professor Dustin Harewood.
Amid concrete ripped apart where 2nd Street used to be whole sits the Moneyhun residence. An orange cone and debris are the new markers. Construction has annihilated the roadway for over six months, making the view out of the kitchen less than optimal for this beachfront residence.
The LIFT exhibition showcases the raw talent of local artists, but many of these artists are also involved in other projects in the community and around the state. Check out some of the good press they’ve been receiving!
Written by: Julie Thieman, Marketing Intern Dustin Harewood is a contributing artist for LIFT: Contemporary Expressions of the African American Experience which presents a modern response to Jacksonville’s African American […]
Overstreet Ducasse is going places. Literally. Before settling in to conduct this interview, his upcoming trip to Bristol, England is consuming most of his attention. He fields phone calls from collectors and other concerned parties. His feet glide with the confidence of artistic ownership across the canvas in his extended studio… unable to contain his genius to his 12 x 12, which is completely covered in pieces of antiquities, frames, and scraps that only Ducasse can identify. It’s in this mixed media artist’s…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 7 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 7 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 7 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 7 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 7 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter