In honor of the 450th anniversary of French Huguenot Captain Jean Ribault’s arrival in Florida, the City of Jacksonville will be hosting a number of events. Here at The Cummer, we will be joining in on the festivities with an evening filled with French art, French fare, and games inspired by the French language. Join us for our final Cafe Night where The TreeCup Cafe will be hosting a French cheese tasting and games. Our regular 7pm guided tour of the permanent collection will be focused on French artists and artwork. This is also the LAST Free Tuesday night of our special exhibition Impressionism and Post-Impressionism from the High Museum of Art in Atlanta.
Commemorate 450 at The Cummer Museum
by Amber Sesnick, Marketing Manager in Programs
Tags: 450th anniversary, Art, Atlanta, Cafe Night, cheese tasting, City of Jacksonville, COJ, fare, florida, Free Tuesday, French, French artists, French artwork, games, guided tour, High Museum of Art, Huguenot Captain, impressionism, Jean Ribault, permanent collection, Post Impressionism
This post was written by Amber Sesnick who has written 345 posts on The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens.
Comments are closed.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Keep up with us on Facebook and Twitter to see what we're doing on other parts of the web!
Leave Us A Review
Did you have a great experience at The Cummer Museum & Gardens or the Tree Cup Cafe? Write a review or leave a fun tip on Yelp, TripAdvisor or FourSquare.
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 7 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 7 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 7 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 7 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 7 years ago
Powered by Tools for Twitter
Hello Folks! So looking farword to the upcoming 55 miles of art. So much to do getting ready for it and looking farword to all of the people sharing the work of so many great artists! Remember October 1-3, 2010, from Navasota thru Bryan /College Station, on to Hearne and the Railroad Depot and then on to the galleries in Calvert . (Or vice-versa!) Just made to have fun! See you along the Hwy. 6!