We have come a long way and made it to the regions of Spain and Northwestern Africa! You can find Islamic influences across the globe! The item we are given to examine is a page of the Qur’an featuring Maghrib script, a decorative calligraphy, named for the area of Northwestern Africa and Spain known as Maghrib.
We have come a long way in our quest to learn about Islamic traditions and treasures! In fact, we have come so far that we are in Bukhara, Uzbekistan, the last stop on our journey.
Welcome to our third stop in our activity series, Northern India! The item India brings us is a large illustration that belongs to a manuscript called Hamza Nama: Iskander Finds the Infant Darab in the Water.
Islam is a major world religion that dates back to the 7th century B.C.E. Muslim tradition believes that the Prophet Muhammad was God’s messenger and was the final prophet in the lineage of Abrahamic religions. Muslims believe that God’s will was verbally revealed to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel. These verbal revelations are preserved as written word within the pages of the Qur’an, the book of Islam.
The exhibition catalogue for Ink, Silk, and Gold: Islamic Treasures from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston is now available in the Cummer Shop.
Islam is one of the most practiced religions in the world. If you practice Islam, your day starts with a call to prayer. Let the new exhibition Ink, Silk, and, Gold: Islamic Treasures from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston call you to the Cummer Museum.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- Behind the Scenes
- Cummer Amelia
- Cummer Beaches
- Cummer CAFÉ
- Cummer SHOP
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Don’t miss a FREE recital from two members of the Ritz Chamber Players! ow.ly/Wh4L9 https://t.co/9BuWi2pVLI 5 years ago
- Need to get out of the house? Pay a visit to “The Newcomb Pottery Enterprise”. The show closes January 3rd! 5 years ago
- We love our Docents! Thank you Susan Law for your hard work! ow.ly/Wh3Jw 5 years ago
- Did you see the Folio Weekly article on the Outings Project? ow.ly/W2JxS 5 years ago
- #TBT to last month when Julien de Casabianca was in Jacksonville for the Outings Project! ow.ly/VYDBS 5 years ago
Powered by Twitter Tools