With the success of last year’s Garden Month, Community First Credit Union and The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens proudly present its annual celebration, Garden Month at The Cummer! The Cummer will be celebrating its historical gardens with events, programs, classes for adults and children, and Docent led tours throughout the month of March.
To kick off this year’s Garden Month on March 1, The Cummer, with a special thanks to Weaver First Saturday Free for All, will open its doors at 10 AM with free admission for everyone. Before the museum opens, there will be a Plant Sale on the front lawn starting at 9 a.m. Rain barrels from The St. Johns Riverkeeper will also be sold from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. near the Art Connectins entrance.
During Community Day, there will be live music performed by Tammerlin, studio activities, demonstrations by local CoRK artist Crystal Floyd from 12 PM to 2 PM, and many other activities. The Ixia Chapter of the North Florida Native Plant Society will also be available to answer questions about the gardens as well as provide information on how to care for native plants in your home gardens. With free admission and activities for all, Community Day is an event not to be missed!
Listed below is the schedule of events during Community First Garden Month at The Cummer. Be sure to mark these exciting events in your calendars!
- March 1st Community Day from 10 AM-4PM (entire museum and gardens), Plant Sale from 9 AM-2 PM (front lawn), & St. John’s Riverkeeper Rain Barrel Sale from 10 AM- 12 PM.
- March 4th St. John’s Riverkeeper Lecture from 630 PM- 730 PM.
- March 8th Art for Two: Ages 3-5, Beautiful Blooms! from 1030 AM to 12 PM.
- March 9th Terrarium Making Workshop with Crystal Floyd from 2 PM-4 PM.
- March 12th & March 13th Talks & Tea: Celebrating The Cummer Gardens at 130 PM.
- March 14th Garden Concert: A Night of Motown Music with KTG from 7PM-9PM (Cummer Gardens weather permitting).
- March 15th Art Adventures: Ages 6-12, Botanical Paintings! from 1030 AM-1230 PM.
- March 19th An Evening with Doug Tallamy “Bringing Nature Home” from 630 PM- 830PM.
- March 23rd The Garden Conservancy’s Open Days Program from 12PM-4 PM.
- March 31st Garden to Table Dinner from 6 PM-9 PM.
More information for these events and programs can be found on our website.
2014 Garden Month Sponsors
St. Johns River Level
Mrs. C. Kirby Alexander
Mr. & Mrs. David M. Hicks
Mrs. Edward W. Lane, Jr.
Mr. and Mrs. Russell B. Newton, Jr.
Joan & Jim Van Vleck
Vicky & Charlie Commander
Councilman Jim and Robin Love
Kenyon V. Merritt
Mr. and Mrs. James I. Vance Berry, Jr.
Candace & Erie Bridgewater
Mr. Ryan A. Schwartz
Chef’s Garden Catering & Events
Ixia Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society
Pam & Jake Ingram
Sunscapes Landscape Design, Inc.